Wonderful Wednesday!

Here we are again!Wonderful Wednesday came quickly!

Miercoles-5 Pictures, Images and Photos
This week I'd like to share more things I love,like & enjoy!
Since today begins the celebration of Mexican Independence I'm going to share some things I love about this country.For those who are just getting to know me ,I am Mexican -American.I was born in Southern California.
My mother is 100% a Mexican "chilanga". Meaning she's from Mexico City.
My father was Mexican American & German .I believe he loved the Mexican culture.
So let's begin with the Mexican flag.I think it's beautiful:
Mexico All DAY Pictures, Images and Photos
This flag of the current times is a tricolor consisting of green, white and red vertical stripes with the coat of arms at the center in the white portion.
The colors have their own meanings. Green stands for hope, white for purity and red stands for religion.

The coat of arms was designed by Architect Francisco Eppens Helguera .
The coat of arms is an image of an eagle with a serpent held in its talon. The eagle is shown to have perched atop a prickly pear cactus, with the cactus grown on a rock raised from a lake.
I love Mexican Folkloric dancing:
The movements are lively and the costumes so colorful.
I danced "El Jarabe Tapatio "  & other folkloric dances when I was a child.I want to do it again!I'm thinking of looking for a local group !Here's a video for you to enjoy:
With the dancing comes the music!Mexico has all kinds,I love the ballads ,the pop and the Mariachis!

I love the folk art

Hand made rag doll

Hand painted Moon & Sun 
Embroidery!Just look at those colors!


Calaveras!
The Artists ,such as my lady Frida Kahlo:

Not to mention the FOOD!
Last but not least:  Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe !
"Our Lady of Guadalupe holds a special place in the religious life of Mexico and is one of the most popular religious devotions. Her image has played an important role as a national symbol of Mexico."




There's so much to love about Mexico.The headlines are not good at the moment for Mexico.I have to say though it's only a handful of people corrupting and destroying the country.I know the people because I was there and they are also my people.They are warm and kind and made me feel so welcome!I haven't been there since the early nineties ,but I can't wait to go back!
mexican smiley Pictures, Images and Photos

QUE VIVA MEXICO!
Hasta la vista!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart event! Let's join!

NF Blo-Ma

Walking on Sunshine with "Ramona & Beezus" this Musical Monday!