Virgin a Day #7

December 12th is the feast day of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Each day for the days leading up to it, I am posting a virgin a day.There are many faces to Mary and Rebecca's meme allows us to sjare so many pf them!Come see everyone's contributions here.

For my post today I want to share a shadorma poem that I wrote to Mary.It was inspired by a little statuette  of the virgin that stands outside the house across the street from mine.I see it every morning and it makes my day begin with a positive attitude and renewed strength to face whatever the day brings.
A shadorma by the way , is "a six line poem (sestet) of Spanish descent with no rhyme scheme.It is a syllabic poem with the following structure 3/5/3/3/7/5 ".

My Shadorma:

Each morning
I begin my day
greeting you
with a prayer
Your very presence gives hope
Heals my tender soul~

It's Wednesday!Make it wonderful!


Popular posts from this blog

Artist of the Week :Frida Kahlo

A Strong Woman...thoughts about my mother

Wonderful Wednesday!